social movements and zombies
1. Framing: What do we want? BRAINS!!!! When do we want it? BRAINS!!!!
2. Network Analysis: The respondent is more likely to join the zombie social movement if bitten by a zombie with whom they have weak ties.
3. Resource mobilization: The success of zombie mobilization depends on the ability to appropriate fresh brains.
4. Political opportunity structures: Zombie uprisings are correlated with weak states. As states weaken, genetically modified viruses leak from unguarded secret labs, leading to zombies.
5. The Burstein Hypothesis: There’s no real theoretical reason for sociologists to single out zombies. The undead are just another interest group that wants the government to help them eat brains. As long as the median voter doesn’t care about their brains, zombies will be able to influence policy makers. Political scientists should pay more attention to zombies.
Subscribe to comments with RSS.
Comments are closed.