Welcome the New Year! In 2014, I plan to discuss the following topics on the blog:
- Fligstein and McAdam’s Theory of Fields – there’s been some subterranean conversation that needs to see the light of day.
- Institutionalism – where are we now?
- More installments of the Grad Skool Rulz .
- Damon Phillip’s book on the structure of jazz music production.
- Some more K-street action.
- A discussion of Karl Popper and whether “positivism” deserves the scorn it gets in sociology.
And 1. There is an Orgtheory Facebook page. It is now much more active than it used to be. 2. Support the writing of this blog with a purchase of the Grad Skool Rulz book. It’s cheap ($3), available on nearly any device you have, and a lot of people have found the book to be helpful.