2014 Penn Social Impact Doctoral Fellows Program – due date March 14, 2014
For those grad students who are studying non-profits, voluntary associations, and philanthropy, here’s an opportunity to work alongside colleagues and Prof. Peter Frumkin this summer:
Join PhD students from around the country (and world) to critically examine issues in the nonprofit sector and to work on your own research in nonprofit management, volunteerism, international civil society, social entrepreneurship and philanthropic studies.
Under the direction of Dr. Peter Frumkin, students participate in an intensive four week seminar that culminates in the completion of a publishable paper that is ready to be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal. Students are expected to submit a draft research paper that they would like to refine and prepare for academic publication during the summer program. This is a continuation of the program that Dr. Frumkin ran for five years at the RGK Center in Austin, Texas and that had helped dozens of students advance their careers.
Graduate students enrolled in doctoral-level PhD programs are invited to apply for the Penn Summer Fellows Program:
Dates: June 7 – July 1, 2014
- Application process is competitive and takes into consideration the academic potential of the student and the working paper topic
- $3,000 stipends are provided to each Summer Fellow
- Housing in Philadelphia, PA will be arranged and paid for by the Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Application Deadline: March 14, 2014
- Email a current resume, draft paper, and abstract to Leeamy1 [at] sp2 [dot] upenn [dot] edu.
- Selection is based on past record and academic potential